Saturday, January 14, 2012

Preserving our family memories

I spend almost every Wednesday night scrapbooking at Doodles with my mom and a great group of 'scrap sisters'. Occasionally I also spend a day (like today!) or as a special treat, a whole weekend preserving the memories our family makes on pages for our albums.


The albums vary - Barry has his career albums grouped by posting; there is a set of albums filled with memories of the girl"s time with the band; there are albums about our trip to Cuba, Stanley the Bear, Barry's adventures with Jasper towing and our Christmas albums.

But I think the albums the family most often checks to see if there are new pages are the one just about us - what we do throughout the year, where we live, people we love, friends, birthdays and traditions.



I love to scrapbook - and since I stopped scrapping chronologically and started scrapping as a picture brought back memories or a creative idea hit, I have enjoyed it a lot more.

So here's to 2012 - and a year filled with preserving more memories - at my own rate and without any pressure to be creative. After all, in 60 years, I don't think my great-grandchildren are going to marvel at my creativity - they will just be thankful I took the time to document our family so they can have a glimpse into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment