Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reflection

 A few days before Christmas, something happened that made me spend some time over the holidays really looking at my life. What really matters to me. Have I grown as a person? Do I work hard on sustaining my relationships with family and friends? Do I work hard to make a positive difference in our community? Do I have integrity and a good work ethic? Do I place as much importance on those who love me and who I love as I do to total strangers or false friends? Am I doing what I need to continue to grow and learn?

As I thought about it, I realized that I have been so busy trying to make up for the past, that I haven't taken time to see that I am not the same person I was 15 years ago and that perhaps, it is time for me to see me as my family and true friends do - doing my best everyday while valuing my family and friends and doing what I can to make a positive contribution to the community I live in. Time to be as kind to myself as I am to others. Time to forgive myself.

While I have grown and learned from the past, it is time to let it go and move on. Continue to support my family and community; work on the relationships I value; take the opportunities that present themselves to continue to learn and grow; most of all, never take my family and true friends for granted.

So 2012 will be a year of change for me - no resolutions - rather a committment to continue to blog the things that matter - family, friends, home - and now, gratitude.



I learned those few days before Christmas that I should be grateful for the lessons learned and the love that surrounds and supports me. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment