Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sometimes you have to forget about the to-do-list

Today was one of the those days. I had great intentions of using the weekend to finish putting away all the Christmas stuff and get the house back to normal -  do the laundry, change the bed - the never-ending chores that make it nice to be at home:)

And while I did manage to make a dent in the list - a fortunate thing happened. I decided to start reading one of the books I was lucky enough to get for Christmas. Not fortunate for the to-do-list (I have always chose reading over chores since I was 9 0r 10 reading Nancy Drew) but fortunate for me.



The book I picked up was Garth Stein's 'The Art of Racing in the Rain'. Now having an ageing dog - this might not have been a good choice - just like choosing to watch 'Marley and Me' a few weeks ago - but this book made me laugh out loud - even read a few paragraphs to Barry - and it made me smile - and yes, I even had to get some kleenex out towards the end.

If you haven't read this book yet - you can borrow my copy - it is a must read for anyone who believes dogs can actually communicate and that they have an important part in a family. I am quite certain even Mikey has thoughts like Enzo!

Warning - if you have unfinished chores - you might want to finish them before you start reading! And thanks Mom and Dad for the book - I can blame the unfinished to-do-list on you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment